Monday, January 28, 2008

Word out.

Photo by MQMurphy 

There's a little article on the Cape May Times website about Cape May County's newest radio station. For those of you more than ten miles from Cape May the best I can offer for my bit is that I'm looking into how podcasts (webisodes?) are done. Last Saturday's show featured no challenge, but the theme was "Royalty". That meant we had plenty of Duke Ellington, Aretha Franklin - the Queen of Soul, songs about kings (King of the Road, King of Pain, King of Wishful Thinking), Dukes (Duke of Earl, Sir Duke), and your odd Prince. (Pun-tentional? Your call.)

A challenge was suggested yesterday - Dennis Quaid to Janis Joplin. The challenger says he already has the links worked out - we'll see what I come up with.
There'll be a Grammy themed show on the 9th of February, of course. Want to send challenges or suggest themes? Put them right here in the form of a comment, mes amis.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, here goes: how about Nina Simone to Mick Jagger?

MQM said...

You're on! Uh, - I mean -I'm on! I guess. Okay?

Anonymous said...

With the word "dynasty" popping up recently in the political world, how about a musical dynasty show? Too easy? Not enough?

MQM said...

Easy is good! And enough - that's a nice idea for a theme. Actually might be a little more work than most of the themes I've used. It is on the list now.
Others on the to-do list:
War and Peace
Fashion
Pain
Crime
Travel